Dealing with a difficult employee? Not sure your HR practices are compliant? Struggling to keep up to date with legal changes? You need support from an Employment Law company.
You might feel that enlisting the services of a traditional law firm is your only option when workforce challenges require specialist expertise. However, at Ellis Whittam, we offer the same high-quality advice for a fixed fee – giving you access to professional Employment Law advice at a fraction of the cost.
Overcome your people problems now
High-quality advice, complete cost certainty
Employment law companies come in all different shapes and sizes – but what matters to you is that you receive the best possible advice, feel supported, and know exactly how much it’s going to cost you from the outset. A law firm may offer the quality of advice you’re looking for, but hourly fees mean costs can get away from you. On the other hand, you might be tempted by low-cost fixed-fee providers, but this can result in generic advice, being passed from pillar to post, and getting stung by hidden auto-renewal clauses.
At Ellis Whittam, we combine the best of both worlds, with none of the nasty surprises.
With our unique service, you benefit from:
Unlike some larger fixed-fee providers, our support is tailored to your individual needs, and we’re known for our personal approach. This means more tailored advice, step-by-step guidance from a single expert, quicker resolutions, and outcomes that are preferable to you.
Why you might need us
There are a variety of reasons why organisations look to an Employment Law company for support, and select Ellis Whittam as the right option for them. Our clients come to us because:
- They’re tired of receiving generic advice from multiple advisers. They want pragmatic, commercial advice from one dedicated point of contact who has an in-depth understanding not only of the law but of their organisation.
- They’re spending too much time dealing with day-to-day HR issues. They want to offload their employee relations pressures so they can focus on what they really want to be doing.
- They worry about the consequences of failing to comply with HR best practice and employment law. They need an Employment Law company who can help them to reduce the risk of an Employment Tribunal claim, whilst still achieving commercial objectives.
- They struggle with the pace and complexity of employment law. They want to be able to adapt to new legal requirements with minimal fuss, and be confident that they are up to speed with constantly emerging case law so that they are not left exposed.
If this sounds familiar, we’re here to help. Whether you’re in the midst of a crisis or just want to future-proof your workforce, Ellis Whittam can help you to conquer any workforce obstacles and keep your organisation on the right path – all whilst saving valuable time and money.
Managing Director, PVC Building Supplies
What we can help with
Even the best-run organisations experience employee relations issues at some time or another. If you don’t have the time, confidence or experience to manage these matters in house, an HR and Employment Law company can help you to identify the correct course of action and avoid any legal pitfalls along the way.
Whatever workforce hurdles you come up against, your Employment Law Adviser will offer thorough, pragmatic and commercially-savvy advice to help you:
In addition to ongoing advice and guidance, we will also review your essential documentation, including your contracts, handbooks and policies, to ensure they are robust, legally compliant and offer maximum flexibility for your organisation. We will also draft any other employment-related documentation you require, including letters and settlement agreements, to protect your organisation and save you valuable time.
Find out why PureGym chose Ellis Whittam as their Employment Law company
What should I look for in an Employment Law company?
Cancelling all the noise and finding the right support for your organisation is no easy feat, but some key ingredients include:
- A dedicated team who you can call on for trusted support on a first-name basis;
- Legally-qualified advisers with real experience of supporting organisations like yours;
- Tailored advice which aligns with your organisation’s best interests;
- Expertise in your sector and a genuine understanding of the specific challenges you face;
- Fixed fees to ensure you have complete control over your budget; and
- Independent Legal Expenses Insurance to protect you in the event of a claim.
At Ellis Whittam, we offer all of this and more.
Why choose Ellis Whittam?
We believe in the value of a personal approach. That’s why we assign a dedicated team of named Employment Law specialists who will get to know your organisation and how you operate.
That way, when you pick up the phone looking for employment law help, you’re speaking to someone who understands how you work and can provide the best possible advice on the issues you are facing – with no need for catching up and no time wasted.
By taking the time to get to know your business inside out, we’re able to truly understand your commercial objectives and work with you to achieve them. We align all of our advice to your wider objectives as an organisation.
Importantly, unlike some of our competitors, we use an entirely independent FCA-regulated insurer. This means, as totally transparent Employment Law company, we don’t have our bottom line at the back of our mind when we’re advising you; the decisions we make have only your interests and desired end result in mind.
Unlike a traditional solicitors firm, where you may pay an extortionate upfront cost and then additional fees for small tasks, we provide unlimited support on a fair, fixed-fee basis. This means that your costs remain the same no matter how much your business grows or how many times you need our support.
What’s more, our honest and open approach means that when you outsource your employment law to Ellis Whittam, there’s no hidden charges or automatic renewal clauses to worry about.
For added peace of mind, our Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI) for Employment Tribunals covers the cost of defence, settlements and awards in the event of an employee bringing a claim against you. Therefore, if you were to lose a discrimination claim, you could stand to save approximately £24,500 to £38,000.
We’re available now
Whatever workforce challenges you’re currently facing and whatever arrangements you currently have in place, our flexible service can help you to uncomplicate Employment Law and create engaged, productive teams.