Transform your approach to health and safety
Keeping on top of your health and safety obligations can often feel like a laborious and never-ending task. With regular changes in the law and a whole host of workplace legislation to get your head around, it can be easy to miss the mark.
If you’re not confident in your current practices, or don’t have professional support in place, Ellis Whittam’s network of qualified Health & Safety Consultants can help you to build a safe and compliant working environment through expert support tailored to your organisation.
Safeguard against legal pitfalls
When it comes to safe working practices, the consequences of falling short can be devastating. Not only is your reputation at stake, but with rising health and safety fines, greater enforcement from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and directors being jailed, adopting a pro-active approach to health and safety management has never been more important.
By outsourcing your health and safety management to Ellis Whittam, you can rest easy knowing that your compliance is being taken care of by an experienced professional with a minimum of Grad IOSH status. In fact, we’re so confident in our ability to manage your compliance that we’ll even act as your competent person, which all organisations must have access to by law in order to meet the requirements of health and safety legislation.
A hands-on solution
As part of our fixed-fee Health & Safety service, you will be appointed a dedicated Health & Safety specialist who will get to know your organisation and work with you to implement a robust safety management system.
- Providing unlimited, pragmatic advice on any health and safety challenges you come up against;
- Conducting on-site General Risk Assessments and Fire Risk Assessments to identify any areas of non-compliance, and working with you to take remedial action;
- Producing a bespoke Health & Safety Policy and Employee Health & Safety Handbook outlining the important safety rules and procedures for employees;
- Preparing all policies, procedures and arrangements relating to specific health and safety legislation, such as work equipment, manual handling, DSE, lone-working and occupational driving.
- Creating Safe Systems of Work and Method Statements;
- Investigating accidents and incidents to prevent recurrence, ensuring that any remedial measures are necessary and proportionate; and
- Protecting your best interests in the event of a serious incident that attracts regulatory interest and/or enforcement action.
The above measures will allow you to demonstrate your commitment to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of staff, clients and visitors, which will support you in achieving formal accreditation through OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001.
At Ellis Whittam, we’re known for the quality and effectiveness of our service – a reputation we’ve built through delivering on our promises and working with our clients to achieve their commercial objectives. Not only do we have a current client satisfaction score of 96%, but we reduce the risk of prosecution by c.50% and reduce the cost of any fine imposed by more than 85% compared to the national average.
Compliance at the touch of a button
Committed to finding new ways of keeping you compliant, Ellis Whittam’s easy-to-use Health & Safety Software allows you to understand and manage your risk simply, from any place at any time.
Provided as part of our core service, our innovative online tool will revolutionise your approach to health and safety management by providing:
- Full visibility and accountability on any outstanding actions;
- Time-saving reports to enable you to manage by exception;
- 24/7 accessibility to allow for monitoring and auditing at any time of the day;
- An efficient registry that tracks and updates you on your required tasks, including PAT tests and vehicle checks.
It’s never too late to improve your health and safety culture and take steps to protect your business. To find out how our fixed-fee service can improve safety standards across your organisation, call our team now on 0345 226 8393 for a free no-obligation consultation.