The Importance of Staff Appraisal and Review
- The purpose and benefits of appraisals and reviews
- Aligning appraisal reviews with organisational success
- Understanding your role and responsibilities as an effective appraiser
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of appraisees.
Effective Planning & Preparation for the Appraisal or Review
- Gathering the information you need to draft an appraisal plan
- Understanding the importance of the organisation’s aims and objectives
- The importance of fairness and equality in the application of the system
- Gathering supporting evidence and data
The Appraisal / Review Meeting
- Establishing open and honest communications
- Questioning and listening skills
- Planning and conducting a structured, balanced and participative discussion
- Reviewing current and previous performance
- Providing clear and specific feedback .
Recognising Poor Performance
- Understanding poor performance
- How to identify poor performance
- Indicators of poor performance.
- Dealing with challenging conversations
- Addressing issues of poor performance confidently
- Setting objectives
- Scheduling regular review meetings
- Using formal performance management processes.