HR Essentials for Managers
A HR Overview of the employment journey
This course provides a general overview of key people management issues including employment law issues in the life of an employment relationship and explains how to deal with the issues which may arise during this time.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for team leaders, line managers and directors, who have responsibility for staff members.
- Knowledge of key employment legislation, including statutory rights and protected characteristics
- An understanding of your role as an employer/ manager
- Effective tools and processes for managing key employment processes from recruitment to dismissal
- Effective use of employment procedures
- Knowledge of how to deal with difficult situations and conversations more efficiently, saving time and preventing issues recurring
Benefits of attending
- Increased confidence in handling key employment processes
- Ensuring compliance with Employment Law requirements
- Engaging and retaining an effective and motivated workforce
- Saving time and minimising cost in managing employee issues
- Improved risk management in potentially highly litigious areas such as dismissal and discrimination
- Overview of Essential Employment Law
- Role of a Manager / Leader
- Recruitment Overview including Terms and Conditions
- Performance Management Overview
- Discipline & Grievance Overview
- Absence Management Overview