Essential Recruitment Skills for Managers
This course will equip managers and team leaders with the necessary skills and tools to undertake the recruitment process with confidence. Giving them the knowledge and skills to create robust job descriptions and person specifications, understand potential discrimination pitfalls and follow a fair recruitment process.
Who should attend?
Suitable for the managers and team leaders with responsibility for recruiting employees.
The ability to:
- Write a job description and person specification for a role
- Identify criteria for the selection process
- Write and use competency based questions
- Explain the legal requirements within the recruitment and selection process
- Produce a consistent interview format
- Understand the decision making process
- Give appropriate feedback to candidates
Benefits of attending
The primary benefits of effective recruitment and selection include a strong pool of applicant, accurate qualification screening, proactive strategic alignment with organisational goals and reduced turnover.
Mental health training course content
- What to consider when a vacancy arises
- Understanding discrimination
- Creating a job description and person specification
- Attracting the right person
- Screening and applications
- Interviews and Testing
- References and job offers
- Record Keeping
9.30am to 4.30pm
Please call us on 0345 226 8393 if you would like to arrange an in-house course.