Discipline & Grievance, Conducting Investigations
Successful organisations know that disciplinary and grievance procedures are an aid to effective management, enabling them to resolve issues quickly and cost-effectively rather than being used simply as a mechanism for imposing sanctions.
Having managers who are able to effectively handle disciplinary and grievance issues is therefore crucial for all organisations.
Who Should Attend
This workshop has been designed for managers who have some experience of managing people but who have not had any formal management training, or who want a refresher programme.
• Knowledge of key employment legislation
• An understanding of your roles and responsibilities
• Skills to handle difficult situations more efficiently saving time and preventing issues occurring
• Investigation techniques
• Confidence in dealing with disciplines and grievances
• Providing you with an overview of the Acas Code on disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Explaining how to resolve issues informally and when formal action is necessary
• Explaining how to set clear standards and communicate them
• Knowledge of when an internal investigation is necessary and what it should consist of
• Discussing the potential causes of grievance are and how to prevent them
• Knowledge of how to conduct a grievance or disciplinary meeting
• Giving guidance on taking appropriate action and the proper use of penalties and sanctions
• Highlighting the importance of record keeping
• Providing knowledge and skill on how to write robust investigation reports
Course Duration / Timings
1 day workshop
9.30am to 4.30pm
Please call us on 0345 226 8393 if you would like to arrange an in-house course.