As a professional services business, finding enough time to focus on achieving your core business goals whilst dealing with the day-to-day realities of employment law and HR issues combined with managing health and safety can pose a real challenge.
At Ellis Whittam, our dedicated advisers work closely with a vast range of professional services businesses
to save them time and money whilst ensuring they operate compliantly.
Employment Law & HR Support
Struggling to recruit or retain talent in your business?
Or perhaps you’re unsure how to effectively manage
staff sicknesses, misconduct and employee performance?
Our experienced Employment Law Advisers are on hand to guide you through each hurdle your business faces.
Here are just a few ways we provide peace of mind to professional service businesses:
- Access to a dedicated, legally qualified Employment Law Adviser
- Support on a full range of employee relation issues – from the simplest to the most complex
- Drafting of letter and documents on your behalf
- Creation of bespoke Employee Handbook and Contracts of Employment
- Access to My EW portal containing all your documentation and correspondence with Ellis Whittam in one place.
Best of all, our comprehensive range of services come at a fixed fee.
This ensures you can fully make the most of your dedicated Employment Law Adviser without worrying about accumulating expensive charges.
Health & Safety Support
Do you have a growing number of employee absences stemming from issues such as work related stress?
Or would you benefit from a comprehensive review of your current health and safety procedures? Our
highly qualified Health and Safety Advisers will work with you to develop and implement a tailored plan to
keep your business on track. This includes conducting an onsite General Risk Assessment to ensure we
fully understand your business and can develop policies and handbooks accordingly.
Here are just a few ways we will support your business:
- Appointment of a dedicated Health and Safety Consultant
- Conduct a bespoke onsite General Risk Assessment
- Develop and help implement a Prioritised Safety Action Plan, Health and Safety Policy and Employee Health and Safety Handbook, tailored precisely to your needs.
- In the event of a serious accident, we investigate, liaise with authorities and defend companies against any prosecutions.
Plus, we will act as your legally required Competent Person. These services are all included for a competitive fixed fee. In addition you have the option to add-on independent Legal Expenses Insurance that covers you for both Protection from Prosecution in health and safety matters and Employment Tribunals.
The Definitive Employer's Guide to Flexible Working
The Definitive Employer's Guide to Gross Misconduct & Disciplinary Procedures
The Definitive Guide to Managing Sickness Absence
“Even though we expect to grow…it’s comforting to know that our fees for EW will remain static. It makes budget forecasting so much easier.”
James White, CEO
“CMI…has to have the best employment advice. Ellis Whittam have on several occasions stopped decisions being made which could have been detrimental to CMI and its reputation externally.”
Anne Moffatt, HR Manager
“Towergate is delighted to be working in partnership with Ellis Whittam. We recommend Ellis Whittam’s Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety services to our clients.”
Nick Hatch, Managing Director of the South West Area