Ellis Whittam's four-pillar approach to Health & Safety, Employment Law and HR allows school leaders and trustees to meet responsibilities, confidently.
Based on our extensive experience working alongside independent schools and Multi-Academy Trusts, we have developed and refined a General Risk Assessment specifically for education providers. This provides a focused assessment of your Health & Safety Management, Facilities Management, Curriculum-Related Risk and School-Specific Risk.
Employment Law & HR Support
All of our specialist Employment Law Advisers from our dedicated Education Team have a strong background in the sector. They have an expert understanding of school leadership, governance and strategy and vast experience in taking even the best organisations to the next level.
Your named Employment Law Advisers will:
- Draft bespoke contracts, handbooks and policies that are legally-compliant and align with best practice for education providers;
- Work with you to overcome all employment challenges, including disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence, performance and dismissal; and
- Provide solutions-focused advice on all types of matters concerning structural change, including TUPEs, contractual terms and conditions, and settlement agreements.
With Ellis Whittam, qualified support is just a phone call away. Whether you require strategic advice, step-by-step guidance through a specific issue, or just the reassurance of a second opinion, we will help take the hassle and uncertainty out of complex and time-consuming employee issues, allowing you to focus on maintaining and improving educational standards.
Health & Safety Support
Managing risk, especially where children are involved, requires the expertise of an experienced health and safety professional. As an approved partner of the Institute of School Business Leadership, we are best placed to support you in creating a safe working environment.
Your dedicated Health & Safety Consultant will:
- Act as your legally-required competent person to support you in meeting the requirements of health and safety legislation;
- Create a bespoke Health & Safety Policy and Employee Health & Safety Handbook tailored to your organisation;
- Conduct an on-site General Risk Assessment specifically developed for education providers and work with you to develop a Prioritised Action Plan.
At Ellis Whittam, we don’t believe in merely performing audits and handing back reports; we are committed to providing the best quality hands-on support and will work with you to implement practical solutions. Our comprehensive approach will allow you to confidently meet your legal obligations and protect those affected by your activities.