From 2015, Ellis Whittam (EW) has been the exclusive Strategic Partner to the Catholic Insurance Service (CIS) and Catholic National Mutual (CNM) for the provision of Health and Safety Risk Management solutions to Catholic faith organisations.
Since October 2017, the CIS relationship has grown to include the provision of an Employment Advisory Service and Litigation Service with Legal Expenses Insurance support for their policyholders.
Supported organisations include Diocesan curial offices and parishes, schools, charities, rehabilitation units, care homes, residential homes, religious orders and secure units.
Ellis Whittam understands that each Diocese and Catholic organisations have their own unique culture and ways of working, and yet they share many common issues. The EW service is focused on delivering a highly personal bespoke service to assist with Health, Safety and Employment legal compliance attainment for the Dioceses.
Health & Safety Support
CIS and EW are working together with Catholic Dioceses across the UK as follows:
- Working together to help minimise the number of incidents within dioceses, thereby reducing the likelihood of claims and HSE/EHO investigations
- Development of Health and Safety policies, procedures and handbooks for employees, office holders, clergy and volunteers
- General Risk Assessment, Fire Risk Assessment with Prioritised Action Plans
- Priority Area Training for Employees, Trustees, Volunteers, Clergy and Office Holders
- Gap Analysis – to check if you are actually achieving legal compliance
- Highly personalised service which mentors, improves communication and assists with the development of a health and safety culture
Ellis Whittam understands that each diocese has their own unique personality and culture, and yet they share many common issues. The EW service is focused on achieving Health, Safety and Employment legal compliance attainment for the Dioceses.
Employment and HR Support
Ellis Whittam supports Catholic Insurance Service policyholders by:
- Providing Employment Law and HR advice on conduct, grievances, disciplinaries, discrimination, whistleblowing
- Insurance backed ET litigation service, offering full legal representation if required
- Second opinion and support for your in-house team if you have one
- HR Consultancy – job evaluation and benchmarking, appraisals and performance management
We welcome the opportunity to work alongside and complimentary to existing arrangements you may already have in place. Bespoke fixed fee solutions are offered at the preferential CIS rate if a more personalised hands-on service is required. For further information about the CIS partnership and the benefits of working together with Ellis Whittam, please contact
Louise McGill, Senior Partnerships Manager
Mob: 07815 185301
Tel: 01244 687640