Outsourcing Health & Safety to Ellis Whittam means a workplace that is efficient, a better place to work and legally compliant.
It can be a challenge for business owners to keep up with Health & Safety requirements as well as their day-to-day activities.
Quality Health & Safety advice and legal insight is essential for Health & Safety compliance – this is why outsourcing to a Health & Safety company like Ellis Whittam is such a good idea.
The cost of poor Health & Safety
Health & Safety rules are specific and the consequences of negligence can be costly.
If a member of staff is injured because your workplace is unsafe, there could be legal fees and compensation to pay. The average fine for Health & Safety prosecutions can be tens of thousands.
As well as the financial risks, your existing staff could lose trust and confidence. This means you may find it hard to hire new staff.
Why businesses struggle with compliance
Many business owners and managers are unaware of how specific Health & Safety legislation can be. There’s a lot of knowledge to collect and boxes to tick.
It’s also easy for business owners to assume they’re already compliant and their environment is safe while things are running smoothly. Yet, incidents are more common than they realise, and managers should focus on prevention.
According to Health and Safety Executive statistics (2016/17):
- 5.5 million working days were lost to workplace injuries.
- 1.3 million people suffered from work-related ill health.
- Industries with the most injuries: agriculture, construction, transport, food services, public administration, and retail.
- Industries with the highest rates of ill health: social work, agriculture, public administration, and education.
Why outsource Health & Safety
As an employer, Health & Safety compliance is your responsibility. You need to be able to:
- Identify potential hazards.
- Provide staff with training, welfare, and information.
- Complete a thorough risk assessment.
- Keep up with legislation as it changes.
- Plan for different scenarios and potential hazards.
Each environment has different requirements
An industrial setting with heavy machinery will have different needs to a small office, so reading generic online advice could be confusing and unhelpful.
Outsourced Health & Safety advice focuses on genuinely useful commercial support.
You’ll have access to time-saving tools
The Ellis Whittam Compliance Centre is an award-winning, cloud-based health and safety software. It helps businesses meet their requirements easily, while still benefitting from bespoke guidance.
The Compliance Centre allows you to:
- Record all accidents and incidents safely.
- Store important documentation and certificates securely.
- Access a library of materials and templates.
Outsourced Health & Safety is reliable and cost-effective
With fixed fees and professional advisors, we’re a Health & Safety partner you can put your trust in. Our full service includes everything you’ll need to stay compliant, including:
- Onsite health and safety support.
- Safety management systems and software.
- Health & Safety audits.
- Policies and documents.
- Risk assessment.
Contact us to discuss your health and safety needs and find out how we can help.