Full Time Role
Deadline: 29th March 2019
Ellis Whittam is a fast-growing professional support company, specialising in the delivery of high quality HR, Employment Law, Health and Safety advice supported by technology. We target employers with fixed fee, unlimited access support on issues and compliance obligations concerning employees and the work place. We are highly successful, supporting some 20,000 UK employers and recording sector leading client satisfaction and renewal rates.
Following private equity investment (from LDC, Lloyds Bank’s private equity division), we now target even higher growth and intend to double the size of our business over the next 3 years. The Management Accountant role will play a critical role in this journey, helping to ensure that key information is readily available for senior management whilst also working to provide scalable finance systems and processes to accommodate the anticipated growth.
The successful applicant will join the Finance Department to support the Financial Controller with the production of timely and accurate management reporting information. The role will also require working with the Finance Team to design, implement and manage best accounting practices, including making and implementing agreed process changes and improvements.
Key Skills and Experience
Qualifications & Training
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
The successful candidate will also ideally have:
- Extensive experience of producing management accounts
- Experience of managing finance systems and implementing continuous improvement
- Experience of producing and submitting quarterly VAT return
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with expert knowledge of Excel
- Extensive experience of working with finance systems, preferably Microsoft Navision
Skills/Abilities & Relevant Competencies
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and meet strict deadlines
- Self-motivated and confident to communicate with all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary plus company benefits and perks.
At Ellis Whittam we love to make coming to work fun, we have invested time in gaining Silver Investors in People accreditation and our colleague engagement scores are going from strength to strength. So when we are not working hard doing our day jobs we are hunting for Easter eggs, eating Dominos’ pizza, competing in Sports Day or playing pool and Xbox in our Play Room!
We’re proud of our company and our colleagues, so as well as visiting our website why not check out who you could be working with on LinkedIn or what current and former colleagues have said about us on Glassdoor!