£19 - £20,000
7th December 2018
Ellis Whittam is an award-winning, fast-growing business, providing high-quality Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety support to UK employers. Our hands-on, innovative, client-focused, commercial approach is popular with our clients and we achieve industry-leading levels of client satisfaction and retention.
Our Finance Department are currently looking for a Credit Controller to join their team at our fantastic office in Chester! As a Credit Controller, you will have responsibility for the chasing of outstanding debt as well as ensuring the sales ledger is maintained to a high standard.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring clients pay on time and chase any overdue invoice
- Allocating payments to client accounts
- Processing, reconciling and allocating Premium Credit (DD) client accounts
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Providing weekly collection forecasts
- Issuing customer statements and initiating legal proceedings
- Dealing with credit control queries – both internal and external
To join us you’ll ideally have:
- Previous experience of working in a high volume credit control environment
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise daily tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to problem solve and work to own initiative
- Strong desire to succeed and achieve targets
- Strong IT Skills and proficient in Excel
If you are a successful candidate we will provide you with a salary of £19,000 – £20,000 per annum, depending on experience.
At Ellis Whittam we love to make coming to work fun, we have invested time in gaining silver Investors in People standard and our colleague engagement scores are going from strength to strength. So when we are not working hard doing our day jobs, we are hunting for Easter eggs, eating Dominoes’ pizza, competing in Sports Day or playing pool and Xbox in our Play Room, so come and join the fun!
We’re proud of our company and our colleagues, so as well as visiting our website why not check out who you could be working with on LinkedIn or what our current and former colleagues have said about us on Glassdoor.
Closing date: Friday 7th December 2018.