Health & Safety Helpline
It’s every employer’s responsibility to keep their staff, clients, and customers safe.
Who should you turn to for health and safety help?
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) (2017/18):
- 30.7 million working days were lost because of injury or ill health;
- 555,000 injuries occured at work according to the Labour Force Survey;
- The main causes of work-related musculoskeletal injury are – manual handling, keyword work, repetitive strain, and awkward positions; and
- Industries with the highest rates of ill health – social work, agriculture, public administration, and education.
Every workplace has hazards and dangers, whether it involves toxic fumes or everyday technology. If an employee takes legal action, and your business is found to be negligent, they could make a significant claim. This is why it’s important to look for a health and safety helpline to ensure that you are legally compliant.
Know what you’re looking for in a health and safety helpline
Health and safety help comes in many different forms, including question and answer, guided training, or a full service. Before you go looking for it, decide what kind of health and safety help you need. Are you looking for safety help with:
- A risk assessment;
- A fire risk assessment;
- Manual handling;
- Slips, trips and fall; or
If an online search for help feels too vague and basic, it’s time to look for a more on-demand service.
Seek out advice aimed at employees too
Just because something was written with staff in mind doesn’t mean it’s not an important read for you too. It’s helpful to know what employees have the right to expect, and how they might respond to particular health and safety regulations.
Talk directly to the experts
For advice in very specific situations, having someone at the end of a line is really valuable. A Health & Safety helpline can provide on-demand, Health & Safety specialist information for your particular problem or query. This is why Ellis Whittam’s Health & Safety support is so valuable.
For a fixed-fee, Ellis Whittam will provide you with your own Health & Safety consultant. The support includes:
- Bespoke risk assessments to keep you compliant;
- A direct helpline for help and advice;
- Office based health and safety support;
- Act as your ‘competent person‘;
- Legal Expenses Insurance to cover your FFI and HSE costs;
- Create your General Risk Assessment; and
- Be on site to support you in your health and safety journey.
Health & Safety Software
As part of our core Health & Safety service, our Health & Safety Software will revolutionise your approach to auditing.
Use the power of this intuitive tool to integrate with your organisation and pull your data into one risk status indicator.
Compliance at the click of a button.