An engaged and skilled workforce means enhanced productivity and efficiency, reduced employee turnover, and improved risk management in areas such as unfair dismissal and discrimination.
Utilising case studies, practical exercises and real-life experiences, our Performance Management training course brings to life the benefits of effective performance reviews and appraisal meetings and is designed to equip managers with the knowledge and skills needed to identify, manage and improve employee performance.
Register your interest in this course
Submit your details and one of our team will be in touch.
Who should attend?
This interactive one-day workshop is ideal for managers, particularly those that are required to carry out staff reviews and appraisals who are looking to build their confidence and effectiveness. It is also suitable for newly-promoted managers who have some experience of performance management and appraisals but lack formal training (or require a refresher).
In order to focus on development needs, delegates are asked to think about the documentation currently used before, during and after appraisal meetings in their current workplace.
What will I learn?
Delegates will improve their knowledge of key employment legislation, learn how to identify poor performance, and acquire the tools needed to plan and conduct performance reviews and appraisal meetings. They will leave equipped with better communication and listening skills, tips on fairness and consistency, and knowledge of the formal process required should employees fail to improve.
The importance of staff appraisal and review
- The purpose and benefits of appraisals and reviews
- Aligning appraisal reviews with organizational success
- Understanding your role and responsibilities as an effective appraiser
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the appraisees
Effective planning and preparation
- Gathering the information you need to draft an appraisal plan
- Understanding the importance of the organisation’s aims and objectives
- The importance of fairness and equality in the application of the system
- Gathering supporting evidence and data
The appraisal/review meeting
- Establishing open and honest communication
- Questioning and listening skills
- Planning and conducting a structured, balanced and participative discussion
- Reviewing current and previous performance and providing clear and specific feedback
Recognising poor performance
- Understanding poor performance
- How to identify poor performance
- Indicators of poor performance
- Dealing with challenging conversations
- Addressing issues of poor performance confidently
- Setting objectives
- Scheduling regular review meetings
- Using formal performance management processes
Who will deliver the training?
Our management training is delivered by highly experienced and qualified HR practitioners with genuine ‘hands-on’ practical experience of supporting employers all over the UK with their HR requirements.
Price and registration
Courses can be arranged for up to a maximum of 12 delegates and can be delivered at your premises or another suitable location.
This full day course will commence at 9.30am and finish at approx. 4.30pm at a cost of £1260 +VAT.
All prices include course materials.
This course can also be delivered virtually. For further details, please get in touch using the form at the top of this page.
Sign up for the latest news & insights