Employee absence is the biggest non-recoverable cost to your organisation, making absence management an essential skill that managers should have in their arsenal.
Our Absence Management training course will give you the confidence to deal with absence issues by offering practical advice and guidance on short-and long-term absence through to medical capability, dismissal and the law.
Register your interest in this course
Submit your details and one of our team will be in touch.
Who should attend?
This one-day practical workshop is suitable for newly-promoted managers, as well as those who have had some experience of people management but haven’t had any formal management training (or require a refresher).
What will I learn?
Short-term sickness absence is a common issue that can have a significant impact on your ability to function effectively. This part of the course will help you to navigate the process, nip issues in the bud and keep productivity high.
- Potential causes of sickness absence
- Types of absence management procedures
- When to take action against short-term sickness absence
- When is it appropriate to obtain medical evidence?
- How to conduct formal absence management meetings and appeals
- Determining a suitable outcome
Long-term sickness absence is a sensitive area. As a manager, you will want to be sympathetic towards the employee concerned while also maintaining the productivity of your team. This part of the course will help you to strike the right balance and prevent issues from dragging on longer than is necessary.
- When is an employee classes as being on ‘long-term’ sickness absence?
- How and when to contact an employee who is on long-term sickness absence
- Understanding disability and reasonable adjustments
- Obtaining and interpreting a medical report, and managing a phased return to work
- When is it appropriate to consider medical capability dismissal, and how to conduct a hearing
- Tips for dealing with challenging conversations
Who will deliver the training?
Our management training is delivered by highly experienced and qualified HR practitioners with genuine ‘hands-on’ practical experience of supporting employers all over the UK with their HR requirements.
Price and registration
Courses can be arranged for up to a maximum of 12 delegates and can be delivered at your premises or another suitable location.
This full day course will commence at 9.30am and finish at approx. 4.30pm at a cost of £1260 +VAT.
All prices include course materials.
Sign up for the latest news & insights