Regional Health and Safety Manager (South)
Ellis Whittam is a fast-growing professional support company, specialising in the delivery of high-quality HR, Employment Law, Health and Safety advice supported by technology. We target employers with fixed fee, unlimited access support on issues and compliance obligations concerning employees and the work place. We are highly successful, enjoying double digit growth rates and supporting 20,000 UK employers. Clients range from 10 employee small businesses to 10,000 employee organisations (such as Peter Jones’ group of companies, Pure Gym, Holland and Barrett and Oxford University).
Our Health and Safety team are currently recruiting for a home-based Regional Health and Safety Manager, ideally located within 1 hour of London, to join their team.
As the Regional Health and Safety Manager you will effectively organise and line manage a team of Health and Safety Consultants within a geographical region ensuring they provide the highest quality health and safety consultancy to our clients. Alongside this, you will also have your own small portfolio of clients including high value Corporate and Key accounts.
This role is part of the Health and Safety Senior Management Team and will be instrumental in the development of all departmental objectives and projects.
For a full job description, please email our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills & Experience
To join the team, you’ll ideally have:
- Extensive knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application demonstrated by experience as a Health and Safety practitioner, preferably from a consultancy background.
- A minimum of four years at CMIOSH status, having been a practitioner for six years or more.
- Experience of having conducted fire risk assessments and emergency evacuation plans.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience managing a diverse and remote team of practitioners.
- Experience of a CRM and workload planning and management system.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to persuade and influence stakeholders
- Strategic thinking with the ability to develop and execute to tight deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and enthuse others
- Strong advocate of technology
- A competitive salary, depending on experience, plus a £5000 car allowance.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day with each full year’s service up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medicash – A health cash plan with free prescriptions, eye tests, dental check-ups, prescription glasses, therapy treatments, Virtual GP service and more with children covered too. All paid for by us from Day 1 of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership Subsidy
- Flu Jab
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Social Committee and Events
At Ellis Whittam we value our colleagues and have invested time in gaining Silver Investor in People accreditation with our colleague engagement scores going from strength to strength. We believe are people are what make us, so we make sure EW is a great place to work!
If you are an experienced Health and Safety practitioner with strong leadership skills and experience managing a remote team then we would love to hear from you!