Ellis Whittam is a fast-growing professional support company, specialising in the delivery of high-quality HR, Employment Law, Health and Safety advice supported by technology. We target employers with fixed fee, unlimited access support on issues and compliance obligations concerning employees and the work place. We are highly successful, enjoying double digit growth rates and supporting 20,000 UK employers. Clients range from 10 employee small businesses to 10,000 employee organisations (such as Peter Jones’ group of companies, Pure Gym, Holland and Barrett and Oxford University).
Our Health and Safety team are currently recruiting for a home-based Health and Safety Consultant, ideally located in Grantham or the surrounding region, to join their team.
As a Health and Safety Consultant you will provide high quality health and safety consultancy services to our clients acting as the ‘competent person’ for your client portfolio. Alongside this you will also support our clients by providing advice and guidance via email and telephone.
This role will allow you to be home-based and provide you with a wide variety of clients, helping you develop and maintain a varied skill set. In relation to your personal development, there are regular CPD sessions and an ongoing development budget.
For a full job description, please email our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
To join the team, you’ll ideally have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- GradIOSH with aspiration to achieve CMIOSH
- Candidates who are TechIOSH but have the relevant experience will still be considered.
- Evidence of working as a health and safety adviser either as a consultant or as an employed adviser across a wide range of industries or in an enforcement capacity.
- Experience of having conducted fire risk assessments and emergency evacuation plans.
- Capable of demonstrating an ability to achieve service excellence and a significant contribution to improving health and safety performance.
- Highly organised, efficient and effective at managing own workloads.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and enthuse people.
- Adept in the use of MS Office and ability to grasp new CRM and auditing software.
- A competitive salary, depending on experience/IOSH status, plus a £5000 car allowance.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day with each full year’s service up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medicash – A health cash plan with free prescriptions, eye tests, dental check-ups, prescription glasses, therapy treatments, Virtual GP service and more with children covered too. All paid for by us from Day 1 of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership Subsidy
- Flu Jab
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Social Committee and Events
At Ellis Whittam we value our colleagues and have invested time in gaining Silver Investor in People accreditation with our colleague engagement scores going from strength to strength. We believe are people are what make us, so we make sure EW is a great place to work!
If you are a real health and safety all-rounder, with positive energy and enthusiasm, who enjoys working in a variety of organisations and industries, then we want to hear from you!