H&S NEWS | Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

health and safety fines

Nine hair and beauty workers from Havering College of Further and Higher Education have been awarded more than £100,000 in damages after being poisoned by carbon monoxide.  The court was told the workers suffered “vice-like” headaches, dizziness, fatigue, vomiting and hair loss. They frequently consulted doctors to try and discover the cause of their symptoms.  […]

Holiday Firm ‘breached duty of care’

An inquest jury has found that Thomas Cook was in breach of their “duty of care” after two children died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday with their parents in Corfu in 2006. The family was staying in accommodation provided by the holiday firm through a package holiday when a faulty hot water boiler […]