Sales Operations Manager
Salary: up to £32,500 per annum
Full Time Role
Sales Operations Manager
Ellis Whittam (EW) provides high quality professional HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety advice, training and technology to UK employers. We are really proud of our business, supporting some 20,000 UK employers and employing c. 200 colleagues based in Chester, Glasgow and at home.
Lloyds Development Capital (part of Lloyds Bank) acquired a minority private equity stake in the business in late 2016. Since that investment we have continued to grow and plan further accelerated growth over the next two years.We enjoy market leading client satisfaction levels and have invested heavily in new technology platforms to help fuel that growth.
This role will support the new business sales community (Field Sales, Partnership Managers and Key Account Managers) to enable them to focus on managing prospects through the sales process from prospect to close.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
Sales Process – Management and Governance
- Act as the single point of contact for the SME Field sales team to gain access to business information to create winning proposals quickly and delivered within a deadline.Work with the Client Success Executive and Head of Business Development to create a feedback loop to ensure we provide Field Sales with FAQs, training and sales collateral that meets their needs.
- Collaborate with the Head of Business Development and field sales team to ensure that our sales process is understood, administered and developed, including processes executed by both individuals and software automations.
- Support the implementation of a digital sales process including designing the automation of the follow up sales process.
- Review, continue to develop and administer a Sales KPI dashboard, designed to inform all stakeholders on progress against all (input and output) sales measures.
- Provide intelligence to the sales leadership and sales team on individual productivity and performance and build Management information to support the duration of the sales process.
- Maintain forward visibility of all pipeline, drive continual improvement in the quality and integrity of all CRM data
- Generate sales forecasts, based on the pipeline data and in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing leadership team
CRM usage and development
- Maintain a set of CRM guides and standards, required to ensure that the Sales and Marketing team (including Marketing, Telemarketing, Field Sales, Partnerships and Client Management teams) are aware and trained on the standards concerning data accuracy and currency.
- Support the implementation (with Sales Enablement) and ongoing use of automated proposals via Salesforce.
The ideal candidate will tenacious, resilient and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.They should be structured in their approach and be comfortable setting clear boundaries around their role.
They will be able to deal with a driven and confident sales community and have a willingness to help and ‘go the extra mile’ to help close deals quickly and move them along the sales pipeline efficiently. They will be a good communicator and able to influence people to provide information to support sales quickly and easily.
Key Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Ability to juggle demands from multiple audiences and prioritise work accordingly.
- Salesforce experience highly desirable (formal qualification not required).
- A thirst for learning.
- Advanced Powerpoint and Word.
- Familiarisation of Salesforce and a confident user of Sharepoint and Office 365 environments.
- Tenacity in working with others to close out the gathering of information in order the drive through the closure of a sale.
- Good communication skills and able to influence people to provide information to support sales quickly and easily.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to earn a salary of up to £32,500 per annum plus company benefits and perks!