Regional Business Director (Scotland)
Full Time Role
Ellis Whittam (EW) provides high quality professional HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety advice, training and technology to UK employers. We support 17,500 UK employers including well-known brands such as Peter Jones’ group of companies, Cranswick plc, Pure Gym, Holland and Barrett and Charles Tyrwhitt. We employ 200 colleagues (Chester, Glasgow and home-based).
Lloyds Development Capital (part of Lloyds Bank) acquired a private equity stake in the business in late 2016, providing the ability to invest and enable accelerated growth over the next two years. We enjoy market leading client satisfaction levels and have invested heavily in new technology platforms to help fuel that growth.
Main Purpose of the Role
You will join a successful sales team, taking responsibility for EW’s growth in Scotland. Supported by a well-resourced Marketing and Lead Generation team, our Regional Business Directors engage business owners and leaders with an outsourced HR, Employment Law and Health & Safety proposition – insured advice and on-line platforms designed to ensure that businesses are not exposed to complex employee relations and compliance issues.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, energetic and commercially aware. They will have a track record of making things happen. A good listener, organised and structured in their approach, they will be able to demonstrate how they have developed a region or a sector. They will be confident and competent in selling to business owners and senior leaders in the SME segment, ideally with a business support service. They will be expected to generate their own leads; networking locally, developing strong working relationships with established EW partners and seeking referrals from existing clients.
Key Skills and Experience
1. Extensive experience in B2B selling to Business Owners, Directors and Senior Leaders in the SME sector (10-250 employees).
2. A demonstrable background of opening new opportunities through a number of channels such as industry events, networking events, LinkedIn (Sales Navigator),
3. Advanced Microsoft Word and Power Point.
4. Industry experience would be a distinct benefit but not a pre-requisite for this role
6. Proven use of sales methodology and sales process that has driven consistent periods of success
7. Apart from professional sales skill, you will need to demonstrate:
- passion and enthusiasm for success
- excellent communication skills
- commercial awareness
- time management and organisational skills
- an ability to self-motivate, even in challenging times
If you are a successful sales professional, with positive energy and enthusiasm, who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-driven and high reward business, then we want to hear from you!
Please note this is a home-based role.