Location: Aldford, Chester
Role: Full Time Role
Ellis Whittam is an award winning, fast growing business, providing high quality Employment Law, Health & Safety, and HR support to UK employers. Our hands-on, innovative, client focused, commercial approach is popular with our clients and we achieve industry-leading levels of client satisfaction and retention.
Our Legal department are currently looking for Paralegals to join the team at our fantastic office in Chester!
As a Paralegal you will provide assistance to members of the employment law team by drafting letters, reviewing contracts and handbooks, researching legal points and preparing for ET cases.
To join us you will ideally have:
- A good standard law degree and either have, or be working towards, a professional qualification (LPC or Dip.LP, BPTC/BVC or Graduate Member of CILEx).
- Basic understanding of core employment law
- Evidence of high quality drafting
- Ability to provide brilliant service to our clients
We can provide you with:
- Qualifying employment experience for CILEX route
- Legal experience in employment law advice, litigation, contracts and handbooks
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and industry sectors
- Monthly training sessions and 121 support
- Support network of over 30 employment lawyers
- Starting salary of £19,000 per annum plus benefits
We are proud to work at Ellis Whittam and we love to make coming to work fun. We have invested time in gaining silver Investors in People standard, are part of the Living Wage Foundation and our colleague engagement scores are going from strength to strength. So when we are not working hard providing a brilliant service to our clients, we make sure there are lots of fun events and activities to get involved with including an annual sports day, easter egg hunt and summer party. We even have a games room with a pool table and x-box, so come and join the fun.
We are now accepting applications for our Summer intake.