Key Account Manager – Home-Based
Salary: £120,000 OTE
Location: London, Home-Based
Full Time Role
Ellis Whittam (EW) provides high quality professional HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety advice, training and technology to UK employers. We are really proud of our business, supporting some 20,000 UK employers and employing c. 200 colleagues based in Chester, Glasgow and at home.
Lloyds Development Capital (part of Lloyds Bank) acquired a minority private equity stake in the business in late 2016. Since that investment we have continued to grow and plan further accelerated growth over the next two years. We enjoy market leading client satisfaction levels and have invested heavily in new technology platforms to help fuel that growth.
One key element of our strategy involves growth in what we refer to as the Key Account (150 to 5,000 employees) market segment. We currently support over 350 clients in this segment including well-known brands like Peter Jones’ group of companies, Holland and Barratt and many more, but now seek further growth.
Our new Key Account Manager will focus on growth; developing a small portfolio of “high growth potential” existing accounts and new clients in this segment. This is a consultative, B2B sell combining high quality advice, technology and professional support services. We aim to help HR and Operations leadership teams to become more effective, whilst disrupting the traditional commercial law firm model.
We are looking for someone who has excelled in this type of role, who brings energy, commercial awareness and relationship development skills to a deal cycle. You’ll be comfortable and used to selling to senior executives. Your efforts will be supplemented by a talented and well-resourced Marketing and Lead Generation team, able to shape campaigns and collaterals to penetrate target markets and clients. We will also expect you to generate your own leads and opportunities, through referrals, channel partners and networking.
Key Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience selling to HR Directors, Operations Directors and C-suite executive in this segment
- Ability to demonstrate a broad commercial awareness and experience
- An ability to lead the development of sector and client specific “lead to contract” campaigns
- A demonstrable background of opening new opportunities through a number of channels such as industry events, networking events, LinkedIn (Sales Navigator),
- Degree level education (or equivalent) with 10+ years of experience in B2B sales
- Industry experience would be a distinct benefit but not a pre-requisite for this role
- Proven use of sales methodology and sales process that has driven consistent periods of success
- Apart from professional sales skill, you will need to demonstrate:
- Passion and enthusiasm for success
- Excellent communication skills in order to interpret briefs and provide accurate estimations regarding the time and costs involved to deliver against a client brief
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at once that often come with time pressures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability to self-motivate, even in challenging times
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to earn a realistic OTE of up to £120,000. The package will also include a £5000 per annum car allowance plus other company benefits and perks. This role is a home-based role and requires frequent travel.