Business Development Executive
Salary: £25,000 (OTE £40,000)
Full Time Role
Business Development Executive
Do you want to earn an OTE of £40,000 per annum with a basic salary of £25,000 and guaranteed commission for the first 6 months?
If the answer is yes then welcome to a great career opportunity! We’d love to hear from you if you are a successful sales professional with the ability and ambition to directly influence a high growth story in a business with an impressive market reputation.
Ellis Whittam (EW) is a fast-growing professional support company, specialising in the delivery of high-quality HR, Employment Law, Health and Safety advice supported by technology. We target employers with fixed fee, unlimited access support on issues and compliance obligations concerning employees and the work place. We are highly successful, enjoying double digit growth rates and supporting 20,000 UK employers.Clients range from 10 employee small businesses to 10,000 employee organisations.
The main purpose of this role is to contact prospects via phone and email to book good quality sales appointments which the Field Sales Team will then attend to pitch EW’s services and close the business.
This is a critical role within EW supporting one of our major growth initiatives and is therefore suited to an ambitious and motivated sales professional.
The role is a telephone-based sales role and we find our most successful colleagues are resilient and able to remain focused in a busy environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To arrange these appointments, you will work with a dedicated Campaign Manager, listening to the needs of your prospects and identifying sales opportunities.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Contacting, engaging and nurturing senior decision makers in organisations via telephone and email
- Clearly identifying any opportunities where EW could add real and meaningful value to the prospect’s business
- Booking appointments for the Field Sales Team so they can close new business opportunities
- Providing feedback to your Campaign Manager covering market insights and competitor behaviour
- Taking sole responsibility for achieving a target for booked appointments, using intelligent diary management
- Complying with all EW reporting, admin and sales processes and procedures
- Exceeding sales revenue targets and KPIs
Key Skills and Experience
- 5 years B2B experience, communicating with senior decision makers via outbound sales initiatives
- Experience of working in a Sale or Telesales environment with specific experience of ‘getting passed the gate keeper’
- Ability to lead discussions, influence and persuade through excellent communication
- Strong work ethic with a methodical approach
- IT literacy preferably covering Salesforce (CRM), Microsoft Office suite and New Voice Media.
This role has a clear progression route allowing you to further increase your earnings and progress into to a Senior Business Development Executive, Business Development Manager and Senior Business Development Manager role.
This role attracts a basic salary of £25,000 per annum with an OTE of £40,000. For the first 6 months commission will be guaranteed! We also have a whole suite of company benefits which can be found in our Recruitment Booklet here: https://elliswhittam.com/at-a-glance .
Whilst our usual hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm, if you think you would be an excellent candidate for the role but would like to work different hours, please get in touch!
We are proud to work at EW and have a high level of colleague engagement so why not check out what our current and former colleagues have said about us on Glassdoor.