Ellis Whittam (EW) provides high quality professional HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety Advice, and a range of other value-adding services to UK employers. We support over 30,000 UK employers through direct and indirect relationships with well-known brands such as Peter Jones group of companies, Cranswick plc., Holland & Barrett and Charles Tyrwhitt.
In November 2020 we were acquired by Marlowe PLC. Marlowe is the UK leader in specialist services which assure safety and regulatory compliance, whilst managing risk for businesses across the country.
As part of the Marlowe acquisition we are joining forces with Law at Work, who also specialise in HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety, to create a business of 285 colleagues in total. The integration of these two businesses is currently in the early stage.
As a Health and Safety Consultant you will provide high quality health and safety consultancy services to our clients acting as the ‘competent person’ for your client portfolio. Alongside this you will also support our clients by providing advice and guidance via email and telephone.
This role will allow you to be home-based and provide you with a wide variety of clients, helping you develop and maintain a varied skill set. In relation to your personal development, there are regular CPD sessions and an ongoing development budget.
For a full job description, please contact us directly.
We are currently recruiting for a home-based Health and Safety Consultants to join our Team, ideally located in Birmingham or surrounding areas.
Skills & Experience
To join the team, you’ll ideally have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- GradIOSH with aspiration to achieve CMIOSH
- Candidates who are TechIOSH but have the relevant experience will still be considered.
- Evidence of working as a health and safety adviser either as a consultant or as an employed adviser across a wide range of industries or in an enforcement capacity.
- Experience of having conducted fire risk assessments and emergency evacuation plans.
- Experience of food hygiene audits.
- Capable of demonstrating an ability to achieve service excellence and a significant contribution to improving health and safety performance.
- Highly organised, efficient and effective at managing own workloads.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and enthuse people.
- Adept in the use of MS Office and ability to grasp new CRM and auditing software.
- A competitive salary, depending on experience/IOSH status, plus a £5,000 car allowance.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day with each full year’s service up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medicash – A health cash plan with free prescriptions, eye tests, dental check-ups, prescription glasses, therapy treatments, Virtual GP service and more including cover for children. All paid for by us from Day 1 of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership Subsidy
- Flu Jab
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Social Committee and Events
If you have the skills and experience required for this new and exciting role then we would love to hear from you!