Ellis Whittam (EW) is a fast-growing professional support company, specialising in the delivery of high-quality HR, Employment Law, Health and Safety advice supported by technology.
We provide advice, training and software solutions to help UK employers manage, prevent and comply with all issues and obligations concerning employees and the work place. We are highly successful, enjoying double digit growth rates and supporting 35,000+ UK employers. Clients range from 10 employee small businesses to 10,000 employee organisations, such as Charles Tyrwhitt, Holland and Barrett and Cranswick plc.
After a successful Private Equity cycle, EW was recently acquired by Marlowe plc. As Marlowe already owned a similar business (Law at Work), we are currently planning the integration of the 2 businesses. Our combined business will continue to develop the highest possible client satisfaction levels, including the adoption of a range of new software platforms and on-line resources.
This is a new Senior Leadership role focussed on EW’s delivery of excellent customer experience to maximise retention, customer loyalty and organic growth.
You will work closely with the marketing team, client experience team, operational heads across employment law, HR, and health & safety to ensure our services meet the needs of our diverse client base, drives growth in our targeted markets and uses technology as an enabler for client service delivery.
The successful candidate will be passionate about client experience and can demonstrate a track record of managing a change agenda through the entire client lifecycle. A strong commercial awareness is essential as the successful candidate will be expected to measure, report and continually improve our performance. Equally important are strong project and interpersonal skills – with a real “completer-finisher” strength to ensure that our, sometimes hectic, schedule of activity can be managed efficiently, and all our stakeholders remain engaged.
Furthermore, the recent acquisition of Ellis Whittam by Marlowe plc presents a significant opportunity as the business begins a period of enhanced organic and acquisitive growth. We will be entering into new markets requiring differentiated client services approaches as well as developing new products and services to take to our clients.
Our primary location for client experience is Chester therefore easy commutability is preferred. Frequent, on site attendance will be essential in the early stages post recruitment though we anticipate this will become a hybrid home/office role in the future.
Areas of Responsibility
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ownership of our client service transformation initiative including,
- setting the direction, development of and delivering of a transformation plan
- scoping, designing and embedding appropriate client journeys to maximise revenue and client loyalty
- implementing client listening points to inform continual improvement of the client experience
- having exposure to the latest digital marketing thinking and how it can be used to support client journey comms; and
- effective and efficient reporting.
- Being willing to challenge status quo and lead client centric behavioural change across all business functions
- Maximising the use of technology, including
- using internal SalesForce technology infrastructure to identify data points that can inform client comms plans, cross-sell, up-sell, renewals and at risk client; and
- optimising the onboarding experience and ongoing client usage of our online resources (MyEW) together with complementary Software as a Service (SaaS) products offered by the business.
- by the business.
Skills & Experience
- Strong leadership skills and experience. Ideally with some background working in SaaS / software platform / digital data.
- A background in client-led transformation within a clear understanding of the importance of client personas/grouping.
- Experience in a fast paced, high growth B2B organisation would be preferable, ideally professional services.
- Setting targets, preparing a delivery plan, tracking progress against the plan and achieving the results targeted in the plan.
- Successful problem resolution and applying key learnings to improve overall customer experience and service levels.
- Analytical skills with the ability to pick out trends and potential challenges – some knowledge of automation technology and digital transformation across multiple sectors would prove advantageous
- Strong communicator in all forms and at all levels.
- £50,000 to £70,000 based on experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day with each full year’s service up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medicash – A health cash plan with free prescriptions, eye tests, dental check-ups, prescription glasses, therapy treatments, Virtual GP service and more with children covered too. All paid for by us from Day 1 of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership Subsidy
- Flu Jab
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Social Committee and Events
At Ellis Whittam we value our colleagues and have invested time in gaining Silver Investor in People accreditation with our colleague engagement scores going from strength to strength. We believe are people are what make us, so we make sure EW is a great place to work!
If you have the skills and experience required for this role then we would love to hear from you!